Monday, January 9, 2012

Chili

It is with some reluctance that I post this recipe. I am not a connoisseur of chili. In fact, it's only been the past couple of years that I decided I even like chili. At all. Yet still, I am very picky.

I love this recipe, it's right in sync with my tastes, but it may not be the one for anyone else. This recipe is not spicy. It does not have muck "kick" at all. There is nothing fancy about it. No onions or peppers. And I use extra lean ground chicken or turkey, not beef. Although, beef could certainly be substituted.

On the other hand, this is a pretty darn healthy chili recipe, super low fat and low calorie, as far as chili goes. This chili goes well on baked potatoes. Makes some pretty good chili cheese fries (homemade baked fries). It was delicious on top of Foccacia bread.
Ingredients:
*1/2 lb extra lean ground chicken or turkey, cooked and seasoned to taste
*1 pint tomatoes, undrained
*1 can white beans, drained
*1 can black beans, drained
*1-8oz can tomato sauce
*2 tsp. chili powder
*1/4 tsp. cumin
*1 tsp. brown sugar
*basil, to taste

Directions:
1.  Combine all ingredients in pot.

2.  Bring to boil.

3.  Boil off liquid until chili begins to thicken.

No comments: