Thursday, March 8, 2012

S'Mores Bars

I came across this recipe several months ago and have made it quite a few times. I thought I had posted it, but apparently I didn't. These goodies are so yummy, they do not last a full day at our house. (Seriously. I'll make them after lunch and they're gone before bedtime.)
Ingredients:
#1
*1 1/2 cups brown sugar
*1/2 cup margarine

#2
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 eggs

#3
*2 cups flour
*2 cups graham cracker crumbs (smash about a package with a rolling pin)
*1 tsp. baking powder
*1/4 tsp. salt

#4
*1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
*1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (Just use a full 12 oz bag. Don't skimp!)

Directions:
1.  Cream #1. Mix in #2.

2.  Combine #3 in a separate bowl. Slowly mix in wet mixture.

3.  Line 9x13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

4.  Press half of dough into pan.

5.  Drop globs of marshmallow creme on top then play Connect the Dots with the tip of a spoon.


6.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.

7.  Crumble remaining dough on top.

8.  Bake 28 minutes at 350 degrees.

9.  Allow to cool completely. (This is the hard part.)

I assume these should be stored in an air-tight container and enjoyed in days ahead, but I wouldn't know for certain because they don't last that long at my house.

Recipe Source:  Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (www.melskitchencafe.com)

No comments: